TBM and Bioworks announce Bio Face Lite, an affordable version of Bio Face, the world’s first* reusable face mask knitted from PLA yarn
|Environmental-friendly and affordable, ready for pre-order worldwide|
|TBM and Bioworks are pleased to announce that Bio Face Lite is now ready for pre-ordering from worldwide locations. Bio Face Lite is knitted with biomass-based PLA (polylactic acid) yarn and could be washed and reused for around 30 times. Bio Face Lite is affordable compared with 30 pieces of disposable mask that is priced around US$0.20 – US$1.00 per piece depending on the regions.|
|“Did you know disposable masks are made of petroleum-based plastic? Despite the global mega trend to turn away from single use plastics, use of disposable masks has tremendously increased due to the current coronavirus pandemic. However, such use will result in increased single use plastic waste.” said Nobuyoshi Yamasaki, CEO of TBM. “We believe that instead of disposable masks, more reusable, environment-friendly masks will become the standard in the market going forward.”|
|■ Features of Bio Face Lite
Knitted from antibacterial and mildly acidic (close to human skin) yarn
Bio Face Lite is knitted from polylactic acid (PLA) yarn, which contains mildly acidic (close to human skin) and antibacterial properties based on a Japanese test lab report*. PLA is used as coatings for surgical suture as it is decomposed and safely absorbed by the human body.
* TBM and Bioworks had requested and obtained a report on pH and antibacterial properties of Bio Face from Nissenken Quality Evaluation Center in Japan.
|Washable and reusable
Bio Face can be washed and used repeatedly. It could be washed around 30 times, which could lead to reduction of mask waste.
We have achieved affordable price for Bio Face Lite by improving the production efficiency. Bio Face Lite is cost competitive compared to using 30 pieces of disposable masks.
|Pocket for virus filter
Bio Face Lite can be equipped with commercially available virus filters, cotton gauze and similar accessories.
|■ Bio Face Lite Details|
|* Bio Face Lite does not block the invasion of virus airborne droplets and pollen in the air.
* It is recommended to install a commercially available virus reduction filter to block the invasion of viruses and pollen.
* Antibacterial means “to suppress bacterial growth on the surface of the product,” and does not mean to kill or decontaminate the bacteria.
* Washing by hand is recommended when washing the mask. If washed by washing machine, please put the mask in a laundry net.
* Please note that the product shape may change if the mask is washed with a washing machine.
* Please do not use dryers, bleach nor softener. Please use a neutral detergent for washing.
* Please do not expose the mask to direct sunlight when drying.
* We do not accept return or exchange after purchase.
|■ Order / Contact Information
For Purchase, please contact via contact form. Contact Form
|■ About PLA
PLA (Polylactic Acid) has been approved safe to be used for food contacting packaging etc. in the USA, Europe and Japan. It is a biomass-based plastic made from a biomass resource such as corn starch, and emits less CO2 compared to traditional fossil fuel-based plastic when burned (based on calculations from their chemical structure), and biodegrades in industrial compost environments. PLA hardly degrades in normal environment and therefore can be used for a long period of time
About TBM Co., Ltd.
About Bioworks Corporation