Total tourism & leisure industry deals for December 2019 worth $5.68bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 15.4% over the previous month and a drop of 36.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.98bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 6.8% over the last 12-month average with 109 deals against the average of 117 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $2.55bn.
Tourism & leisure industry deals in December 2019: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 81.8% of the overall value during December 2019.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $4.65bn, against the overall value of $5.68bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of December 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Cineworld Group’s $2.13bn acquisition of Cineplex
- The $1.32bn acquisition of Orbis by AccorInvest
- Bernard Arnault Group’s $874.58m acquisition of AC Milan
- The $190m asset transaction with by Xenia Hotels & Resorts
- Twenty14 Holdings’ asset transaction with Galliard Homes for $144.49m.