Cape Verde’s Blue Sharks and Burkina Faso’s Stallions will face on Thursday in their second match of Group A.
Cape Verde won their first encounter against Ethiopia while Burkina Faso lost to hosts Cameroon.
Following are the Match Facts from Opta:
● This will be the first encounter between Cape Verde and Burkina Faso at the Africa Cup of Nations.
● After their 1-0 victory in their first match, Cape Verde are looking to remain unbeaten in their opening two games at the Africa Cup of Nations, having also done so in their two previous participation (two draws in 2013 and in 2015).
● Cape Verde have only lost one of their eight matches at the Africa Cup of Nations (W2 D5), while they’ve kept clean sheets in each of their last three games in the competition.
● Burkino Faso lost 2-1 against hosts Cameroon in their first match at this year’s AFCON; they last suffered consecutive defeats in a single edition of the tournament in 2012, when they lost all three group matches.
● Burkina Faso’s Gustavo Sangaré scored on his first AFCON appearance against Cameroon, while also created four goal-scoring chances for his teammates, the most of any player in the game. He’s looking to become the first Burkina Faso player to score in consecutive matches in the competition since Alain Sibiri Traoré in January 2013.
By Yaw Osei Yeboah