Total tourism & leisure industry M&A deals in Q3 2019 worth $27.27m were announced in the UK, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 99.2% over the previous quarter and a drop of 98.7% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $2.05bn.
The UK held a 0.2% share of the global tourism & leisure industry M&A deal value that totalled $13.9bn in Q3 2019.
In terms of deal activity, the UK recorded 26 deals during Q3 2019, marking a drop of 7.1% over the previous quarter and a drop of 7.1% over the last four-quarter average.
The UK tourism & leisure industry M&A deals in Q3 2019: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure industry M&A deals accounted for 45.2% of the overall value during Q3 2019.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure M&A deals stood at $12.32m, against the overall value of $27.27m recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- The $3.92m asset transaction with Best Western Glasgow City Hotel by Safestay
- The $3.12m asset transaction with Crerar Hotel Group by Strathmore Hotels
- The $2.67m asset transaction with mybettingsites.co.uk by Better Collective
- The $2.5m acquisition of maxfreebets.co.uk by Net Gaming Europe
- Hilton Smythe Group’s asset transaction with Durham Tees Valley Airport for $0.1m. https://www.globaldata.com/